Rybonka – Dim (Home)
Dim (Home) – is a musical and poetic sentimental journey.
An experiment was written in words and music, in which I try to find and show the listeners my own, but also their own paths in real space, memory and imagination.
To participate, take an hour-long walk or drive, or just stay at home.
Think, or discard thoughts altogether.
Even though the poems and songs are arranged in a fixed order, like paving stones, you can try to assemble your own drawing from them and blazing trails that were not there before.
*In Ukrainian and Polish, you can read the track list as a poem; the second version is an approximate translation.
- Prokhodzhu povz
- Sposterihaiu za morem i
- Kudy letiat
- Kudy vid nespokoiu letity ma…
- Ju ja.
- Pidkazuiut’ dorohu
- Vidkryvaiut’ kozhnu
- Vkladaiut’ tudy slova slipi.
- Po odnomu.
- Znaiomo prozvuchyt
- Kriz tyshu na toi
- Idu po ulamkakh trav, moriv, dumok, ran, imen, shchob staly vony
- are turning green.
- I`m passing by the
- Lighthouse (Mayak).
- I watch the sea and
- I`m thinking (Dumaju),
- Where are all they flying to, the
- Where do I fly to from worry…
- They suggest the way,
- The euphemisms.
- They open every
- Wound of mine,
- And put blind words into each of them.
- One by one.
- I hear the familiar sound of
- A name.
- Through the silence I follow this
- I walk over fractions of grasses, seas, thoughts, wounds, names, so that they can get
* A combination of the Ukrainian words “кричати” (shout) and “чайки” (common name for seagulls).
Idea, music, lyrics – Kseniya Kysylychyn
Vocals, keyboards, harmonica – Kseniya Kysylychyn
Male vocals, bass – Marcin Turbiarz
Recording, mixing, mastering, production – VSG Studio Gdańsk
Arrangement, programming of virtual instruments, guest guitar – Jarosław Turbiarz
As a preview, I present you the eighteenth track from the album Dim (Home), entitled Imia (Name).
I hope this foretaste will whet your appetite for more!
Russia’s criminal war against Ukraine has been ongoing since 2014. On 24.02.2022, Russia launched a bloody invasion of the entire territory of this independent country. We support Ukraine – 25% of the profits from the sale of the album we`ll donate to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine.